What I liked:
Stayed here for work for 10 straight days, and it was nice to have a kitchen and living area – nice little suite set up. Breakfast was free and pretty good – waffles, scrambled eggs, cereal choices, juices, coffee, yogurts, milk, fresh fruit, bagels, breads, and usually ham or bacon or sausage. No reason to leave hungry. Maria keeps things stocked! Tues, Weds, and Thursday are the “theme” evenings and they will serve beer and wine along with some kind of snack, salad, soup or even a dinner. I especially enjoyed the cookout night with burgers and dogs plus all the fixins! Marlene took good care of us and even did our beer refills! Our corporate rate for the Staybridge was also very good – so it was a real bargain at those prices. Free wired or wireless internet access was good, though sometimes the supplied access code wouldn’t work. The exercise room isn’t huge, but has a couple of tread mills, elliptical machine, stationary bike, and a weight machine all in good condition. Convenient to the Publix grocery store, Dunkin Donuts, and a few restaurants – literally all across the street.
Not as well liked:
The Staybridge rooms look to be in need of some refreshing. Not that they’re bad, but just getting to the age where things look a little rough around the edges. Most ‘modern’ places no longer have tube TVs for example. When I checked out, I did notice a sign posted that talked about some upcoming remodeling for the hotel – so they seem to be aware that it’s time.
Uneven service for my room. They do have what is referred to as ‘light service’ at the Staybridge. So the bed gets made, but sheets aren’t changed every day. No big deal; I don’t change my sheets every day at home! And I did get fresh towels each day. But they neglected to replenish the shampoo and such nearly every day. I’m a guy that doesn’t care about a special shampoo, so plan to use what they provide. Well, I ended up using bar soap for my hair a couple of days. I also like to make the coffee in the room when I first get up and moving. Same deal. Coffee there on day one, not on day 2 or 3, coffee again on day 4, not on day 5. When I asked for some at the front desk, they couldn’t find any. I did get a microwave popcorn on move in day, but never again after that. So it just seemed haphazard when it comes to the attention a room receives.
Overall – pretty good for the price, especially at the corporate rate. I’d stay there again, but would definitely bring my own shampoo and popcorn!
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel Plantation
- Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Plantation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 8 miles from Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, Staybridge Suites offers guests three spacious suite accommodations; studio suites, one-bedroom suites, and two-bedroom/two bath suites. All suites feature fully equipped kitchens, separate living and work areas complete with dual-line speaker phones, direct dial line, high-speed TV and laptop Internet access with VPN/FTP capabilities, and personalized voice mail. Additional amenities include DVD/VCR, iron and ironing boards, and hair dryers in suites. Our convenience store, complimentary guest laundry room, and complimentary business center (with free Internet access) are open around the clock. For the guests enjoyment we offer a variety of options including our 24 hr fitness center & free passes to local '24-hour fitness' facility, complimentary hot and cold breakfast buffet, sports court and heated outdoor pool with BBQ Pavilion. Also, to entertain our guests, we offer a Sundowner reception every Tuesday through Thursday including free beer, wine, and appetizers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.