My gf surprised me for my birthday with a trip to Saint Augustine and a stay at this B&B. We are in our late 20s/early 30s and are well-traveled individuals, so when we say that this place was in the top 3 hotel/b&bs that we have ever stayed at in the world, so its safe to say we have done our research.
First the building, very quaint and in a great location--right across from the bay with a nice view of the lighthouse. The inside is very well kept and decorated to feel very homely, yet elegant. My gf called ahead and got the birthday package for our room (photos included). Very tasteful, with balloons, breakfast in bed, "happy birthday" sign and two of the most delicious homemade cupcakes ever (red velvet with a creamcheese frosting), as well as a gift certificate for a restaurant for dinner (we chose Collage and it was excellent)! Besides the birthday decor, the room was gorgeous. A merlot color with wood features made the room feel very cozy. An electric fireplace to give you a romantic feel, four-post bed, small couch made the room someplace we never wanted to leave. The bathroom was simple, but a good size with a good size hot-tub which was needed after all the walking we did. Oh and the second floor balcony with swings, was wonderfully romantic as well.
Staff was friendly, well-mannered and made you feel right at home. Never made us feel that any request/question was bothersome or unattainable. (We even chit-chatted with the owners about our fondness of MGBs.)
Food, my gf and I enjoyed the BEST French toast either of us had ever had one morning, along with fresh fruit, coffee, danish and other wonderful things. A quiche breakfast on our second day was equally as good and we enjoyed it on the outside porch watchin the sun rise. The evening cocktails/hors d'oeuvres were nice and lite. A variety of wine, some beer and different kinds of crackers and toppings hit the spot.
I could go on and on about our stay and the hotel. We have already suggested this B&B to our family and some friends looking to getaway for a quick vacation. Feel free to "message me" if you have any questions, as I would be happy to give other advice/info.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Westcott House Hotel
- Bayfront Westcott House Hotel Saint Augustine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At this St Augustine Bed and Breakfast, we’ll coordinate your every wish & spoil you every second. Chocolate-covered strawberries, in-room massages, breakfast on the veranda (or in bed), evening social hour (hosted by a professional storyteller on Mon & Wed), romance packages, in-room Jacuzzis, and so much more! Bayfront Westcott House! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Bayfront Westcott House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.