Don't stay here if you can't handle poor facilities! The outhouses are disgusting! I don't think they are ever cleaned! Human waste all over the inside of the hole, liquid splashes up... I will spare you the rest. Facilities in the main bath house ate clean however very small. Toilets are very low to the ground, and stalls are almost too small to sit in. Showers are $1 for 10 min and are also small.
Campsites are nice, on the ocean. Some are wooded. Quiet time is 10pm-8am and is strictly enforced. The rest of the time expect children dog and vehicle noise. Typical family camping.
- Also Known As:
- Recompence Shore Campground Hotel
- Recompence Shore Campground Hotel Freeport
- Recompence Shore Campground At Wolfe's Neck Farm Freeport, Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 50 years, our family-friendly Recompence Shore Campground has given families the opportunity to stay at a working saltwater farm just 4.5 miles from downtown Freeport and L.L. Bean. Set on our 626 acres of farmland and forest with over 4 miles of Casco Bay ocean frontage, our campground is the perfect place to enjoy your Maine vacation in the country. Open May-October (winter camping by appointment) 3 oceanfront cottages & 130 oceanfront, inland and wooded campsites Tents-only area (Middle Bay) 20 RV sites (inland) with water & 30 amp electric service (35' max) Limited oceanfront sites that accomodate motorhomes and trailers (dry camping) Adjacent to Wolfe's Neck Woods State Park Pet-friendly (max: 2 well-behaved, leashed pets per site) Summer kayak and bicyle rentals, farm tours, lobster bakes, Snack Shack and haywagon rides, history tours and family programs ... more less