I took my fiance here to celebrate his 55th birthday and it was fabulous! We were greeted by Peter and given the tour and along the way we met Scott and Bruce the owners, of this lovely quaint inn, all three of them have taken part in making this inn what it is, truly fabulous! I did some research before coming up to Ogunquit and the restorations that were done by these men are truly amazing, you can surely tell that they love what they have done and what they do and that makes such a difference when you are staying at a small inn. We stayed in King 7 which they had just finished vaulting the ceiling, the room was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed it.
Since we were only staying for 1 night and had dinner reservations and a ride in the limo booked for 7 pm, we wanted to make sure we went sightseeing and were able to use the outside hot tub before the evening was over.
We hopped in the car and drove to Perkins Cove and walked the Marginal Way and tried to get a quick cocktail at Jackie's Too but it was too crowed (the weather that day in Maine was 80 degrees, practically unheard of in March). Headed back to the Inn and enjoyed wine, Prosecco and crackers before dinner.
Charles picked us up at 6:45 and drove us to our 7:00 reservation at The Olde Village Inn. We each enjoyed an appetizer, entree (lobster special and the scallop casserole), a couple of wonderful martini's and we each had dessert (yes we were quite full). Charles picked us up after dinner and drove us back to the Inn and we were able to enjoy the salt water hot tub for the evening.
Breakfast the next morning was yummy----blueberry and cranberry/white chocolate scones, fresh blueberry juice and coffee, fresh fruit, sausages, home fries and blueberry pancakes, (can you tell we love to eat) :-) During breakfast (that Peter made), we enjoyed conversations with Scott and another couple who have been to the Inn before and will be returning again, we loved the Inn so much we booked for my birthday in the Fall.
I look forward to spending 2 nights next time in Barn Suite 2.
Scott, Bruce, Peter and Charles, you are very blessed to be part of such a wonderful place to stay/work. Congratulations to all of you for a job well done!
- Also Known As:
- Gazebo Inn Ogunquit Hotel
- Gazebo Inn Ogunquit Hotel Ogunquit
- Gazebo Inn Ogunquit Maine
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in quaint Ogunquit, Maine, beautiful place by the sea. Rated & inspected top 10 of New England Inns five years running. Inn amenities include, heated pool,year round 5000 gallon hot tub, gym, sauna, massage, great room lounge, private limousine, full breakfast buffet, public kitchen, library, on the trolley line, easy walk to the beach, spacious suites include bathroom & living room fire places, hot tubs, XM radio & docking station, steam rooms, jetted rain showers, kitchenettes. Quiet & relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Gazebo Inn Ogunquit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.