We booked the last remaining room for the 2011 Columbus Day week-end. They had described the room as small, but with a great view. The price was excellent, with a three-nights- for-the- price- of- two special, so we decided to book it.
This particular room was small (as described), but it was neat and clean. The room did not come with a toaster, but the staff quickly honored my request for one within a half hour. The room featured a queen bed, central heat and air, refrigerator, LCD TV and a Keurig coffee maker (including coffee.) The view of Nantucket Sound was, indeed, very good.
Their private beach was steps from our door with smooth sand and plenty of chairs and lounges. They have a nice heated pool and shuffle board.
The Surfcomber is ideal for people who enjoy the quiet moments on the Cape. They request as much quiet as possible after 10:00 pm., which was fine by us. As they say in their literature, if you're looking for loud party time, "you may want to consider a location other than the Surfcomber."
Most of the rooms are larger than ours. we will book earlier next year for a better selection.
If you are looking for quiet enjoyment, an ocean location and a great value, consider the Surfcomber.
- Also Known As:
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Hotel South Yarmouth
- Surfcomber On The Ocean Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Surfcomber on the Ocean is a small, peaceful oceanfront hotel with a private beach on warm Nantucket Sound. Run by the same family for over 50 years, The Surfcomber has 33 rooms -many with fully equipped kitchens- an outdoor heated swimming pool, a shuffleboard court and many comfy chaise lounges. The Surfcomber offers its guests free WiFi and free parking and is centrally located close to many good restaurants and shops. ... more less