We just arrived back from a weekend in Kansas City, and our experience was VERY similar to the review by Mamajdc3 ("Not What I Expected", 3/25/12). Your first encounter to this Marriott is the noise of the lobby. Between the noise and the wait (only two people at the check-in counter on a Friday night, really?), it can be unsettling to a tired traveler. We also were shuttled to the Muelenbach Towers, which appeared to be where all the teenagers were housed. It was very noisy - we were awakened at 2:38 Friday night, 3:48 Saturday night. Our room was tiny, with awkward placement of furniture (a chair that faced a bare wall), and beat-up furniture. The bathroom had a tiny shower (no tub) that a large person would not have been able to turn around in, and a loud, automatic fan that turned on with the lights (unpleasant when going to to the bathroom after the 2:38 "wake up" call). The carpet appeared fairly new, and the bed linens were updated - that's the extent of the remodel. The internet charge was insult to injury. We had stayed at the Holiday Inn Aladdin next door last year, and it was far better in comparison!
- Also Known As:
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Marriott Downtown Hotel
- Marriott Kansas City
- Kansas City Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kansas City Marriott Downtown puts travelers in the heart of a lively downtown. Guests are just steps from the Power & Light District, with shopping, great restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. Kansas City Chief’s football, museums, jazz clubs and shopping at Crown Center and the Plaza, are minutes away. This premier hotel has two distinct towers: the Marriott Tower and the Muehlebach Tower which offer 983 luxury guest rooms and nearly 100,000 sq ft of diverse function space. The Kansas City Marriott Downtown is the KC's most popular venue for civic and social galas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Kansas City Marriott Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.