Okay, "this is Vegas, baby" and all that - but what a horrid, smelly, old, worn-down, crass, cheap, smokey, tacky, gauche place this is! And no, not the poor sad chain-smoking pensioneers lustlessy operating the gambling PC's in the casino part are the problem, nor the spring break attitude - I do mean the hotel, where we stayed for a convention.
I had an upscale room with a nice view to the Strip, but all rooms except a few suites have low ceilings, all carpets and doors are worn down and dirty, there were very few amenities, the furniture had seen much better days (new TV but who needs that, but a nice new bed), very dirty windows, previous guests' debris under the couch (not much, but come on...). Why stay here if one can get deals at, say, the Bellagio?
The food in the food court etc. is unspeakably bad and expensive; for the express line for the Breeze café for lunch, one needs to pay an extra $5 - the entire idea of the house is to take advantage of tourists and not to provide decent service in its segment. It's exploitation pure and simple, and just no fun at all. No meeting place except a smoky bar, no decent restaurant, no café at all.
Okay, much of what is wrong with the Flamingo is wrong with Vegas, so if one comes here voluntarily, one might have to live with that. But there are actually hotels on the strip which are not (much) more expensive and which deliver normal, clean rooms to guests who want to sleep there etc. The Flamingo is rock bottom and only interesting for sociological or anthropological studies.
That said, some of the reception staff was very friendly (the general staff attitude is terrible); again, the bed was good; the location is central. But overall, never ever again! Fortunately, what happens in Vegas... well you know that one. :-)
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, PointsHound, Olotels, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.