Let me begin with a warning: The Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge has evolved into my family's favourite resort for game viewing and being pampered. In the Greater Krugerpark area there are many private game reserves with their safari lodges. The tric is that the animals can freely roam in and out of the private reserves from or into the entire Kruger National Park. Mohlabetsi, in the York or Balule Private Reserve, therefore sees animals that live locally to that reserve, as well as animals that roam out of and into the KNP.
These private safari lodges offer all ranges of luxury treatment, prices vary accordingly. Mohlabetsi is medium priced, great value for money and with game viewing & pampering offerings well above average. In fact, their rangers & trackers are very experienced and knowledgeable, so that our early morning and late afternoon safaris were well-balanced and adequately packed with suspense, spectacle and relaxation. Meals are all included, very well cooked, with a pleasant, sometimes outright surprising variation of the menus and an ambiance befitting the safari magic.
We stayed in one of the rondavels, offering accommodation for two. Even a pseudo bush shower experience is included, much adding to the couleur locale, as do the African hut style rondavels themselves. Central point is a vast lawn overlooking a waterhole and some low bush, where several groups of animals might turn up and be sighted during the day.
Moderation is provided, all staff are very attentive and friendly. Monkeys, mongoose and other smaller animals can be found all over the place at any time.
Mohlabetsi is therefore very much recommended as a private safari lodge offering first class hospitality, services and game viewing at very reasonable prices. I am afraid we will continue to return regularly ...
- Also Known As:
- Mohlabetsi Safari Hotel
- Mohlabetsi Safari Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge South Africa/Balule Private Game Reserve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated in the vast Balule Reserve, part of the Greater Kruger Park. Get close up to the Big 5 & other animals on vehicle safaris & walks. Luxurious accommodation in a small, privately owned camp, excellent meals & South African hospitality at an extremely affordable price. Easy access via self-drive or daily flights & shuttles from Johannesburg. Relax around a swimming pool & enjoy aroma-therapy massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.