We've stayed at this hotel several times since October, 2011 and have been very pleased. The front desk staff are very friendly and accomodating. One stay was initially reserved for 3 days, but by the time we were done extending it for a few days at a time, it was for around 10 days. The lady in the breakfast room was very nice also, it was nice to go down for coffee/breakfast and chat with her in the morning. The beds and rooms are very comfortable, the only complaint I would have with them are the feather pillows...not really a feather pillow fan, wish they had better pillows and the heaters did not have thermostats, so it would run all night on the setting chosen. We ended up shutting if off because even though it was so cold outside, with it running it was extremely hot during the night. Room was very comfortable with heat off. During our most recent stay, the hotel was full of hockey families for the weekend. Even though it was clearly indicated by a printed notice at the front desk that children were to be with parents at all times and in their rooms by 9 pm, it was not the case. They were running around the hotel and playing hockey in the upper floor hallways until past 12:30 am. They trashed the hotel with food, beverage and beer cans in the hallways and common areas and even broke furniture. This of course, is not the fault of the hotel, but of the parents...who were just as bad. They let the kids play hockey in the hallways when other people were trying to sleep (when I opened the door to yell at them the mother said "go play at the other end of the hall where they are all hockey players" at 10:30 pm) and were either in the breakfast area or in rooms drinking up a storm instead of watching their children. I certainly felt sorry for the houskeeping staff that was working that weekend. The front desk was very apologetic (and not at all happy with the group) and did comp us for that evening. I would definately stay here again as well as recommend it to anyone visiting that area...but I will ask ahead of time if the hockey brats are booked during the same time.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Clifton Park Hotel Clifton Park
- Hampton Inn Clifton Park Hotel
- Clifton Park Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When your travels take you to the Albany/Saratoga Area, we'd be honored to have you and your family stay with us. As a general manager, I've been lucky enough to work with this fantastic team, we will serve you delicious breakfast with freshly - made waffles every morning.We pride ourselves in keeping our hotel spotless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn Clifton Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.