We just stayed at the Ramada Plaza in Nags Head over the weekend in aniticpation of blocking rooms here for our upcoming OBX wedding. The location was great as the hotel is beach front and the boardwalks on the back of the hotel are nice. However, the interior of the hotel is very dated, from the lobby to the restaurant to the rooms. Our room faced the parking lot, which we assumed it would since we got a discounted rate. However, the door to our balcony did not lock (the lock turned but the door didn't "catch" in the frame so it was useless and the deadbolt did not line up with the frame hole). The AC was set at 64 the entire weekend (a nice spring weekend) and the room stayed warm the entire time (I can't imagine how hot it would have been in August). Probably one of the biggest annoyances is that there is no alternate mirror in the room, other than the one in the bathroom...no mirrored closet, no mirror over the dresser, etc. I had to use my reflection in the old tv set to get ready while my finace was showering. Again, we were scoping out the property to use for our wedding guests and this would be a big problem for couples or rooms of girls trying to get ready for an event.
Overall, our stay was fine and we didn't have any major issues. If I had paid peak season rates, though, I would have been very, very disappointed. It was nice to have a fridge and microwave in the room and all of the staff seemed very pleasant.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Kill Devil Hills Ramada
- Ramada Kill Devil Hills
- Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront Kill Devil Hills, NC - Outer Banks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ramada Plaza Nags Head Beach is a great place to relax and unwind while on your coastal vacation. This Ramada property is located directly on the beach! Centrally located (mile post 9 1/2) to shopping, historical sites, and sporting activities, our oceanfront hotel provides convenience to area attractions. Visit the Lost Colony, Elizabethan Gardens, Kitty Hawk, four area lighthouses, Roanoke Island Festival Park, or the Wright Brothers Memorial-site of man's first flight. Restaurant and Lounge and seasonal outdoor deck bar on property. Business center, free guest laundry and free access to local YMCA! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Expedia, Wyndham, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.