We stayed for 4 nights at the Batista room. From my point of view, our stay deserved 4 points and with little extra effort it could have earned the fifth. Overall we were satisfied.
- Fatima and Jose Manuel, the owners, are nice and helpful and will provide plenty of information on sights, attractions etc.
- The job they did restoring the ancient house and the estate is awesome. The house is beautiful and very well maintained
- The location is a quiet village not far away from many interesting places
- If you are lucky enough to have dinner in the quinta (they do it twice a week), Fatima cooks very well. We had a great bacalhau com natas
The improvements pending, considering that this is a top-end B&B (price reflecting so):
- Our beds were somewhat uncomfortable. I think the problem was twofold: a thin mattress and a short bed length, inappropiate for tall people (I am 185cm tall). This may be the drawback of getting a medieval bedstead but changing mattresses would improve comfort significantly
- Breakfast is OK but not outstanding, in the sense that more "homemade" food should be added to the menu instead of "industrial" products
- Cash only / no credit card policy is slightly inconvenient if you are staying for several days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This manor house was built in the 16th and 17th centuries by the Cunha Lobo Barbosa and Sottomayor family just 1 km from the sea. In 1820, the Genoese Judge Luigi Vital Monteverdi married the owner of the estate and the house became to be known as Quinta do Monteverde. The manor house was completely renovated but the interior retains the touch of the seventeen hundreds. Quinta de Monteverde is a walled estate between the hills and the sea and close to the river mouth. In Castelo do Neiva, the sandy beach rolls on and on; sand dunes and unspoilt stretches lend a wonderful sense of isolation to the surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Quinta do Monteverde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.