We called in for Afternoon tea on a Sunday - not having prebooked - just a chance call. The tea was splendid as one would expect for a hotel the stature of Cliveden; however the French waiter who served us was so sniffy we were almost tempted to ask him if he was an Astor on hard times!
No matter - but his demeanour did wobble when we showed him a piece of plastic wrapping which was mixed in with one of the sandwich fillings!
We didn't ask for a refund - weren't offered one either - wouldn't rush back though.
- Also Known As:
- Cliveden House Hotel Taplow
- Cliveden House Hotel
- Cliveden House Taplow, England, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cliveden is unique. One of the world's finest luxury hotels, this grand stately home is set in the heart of the Berkshire countryside, surrounded by 376 acres of magnificent formal gardens and parkland and with wonderful panoramic views over the River Thames. It is one of the finest luxury hotels near London and Heathrow Airport.Guests have included every British monarch since George I as well as Charlie Chaplin, Winston Churchill, Harold Macmillan, President Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, John Profumo and Christine Keeler, and many other well-known names from the past and present. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Cliveden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.