The hotel its self was clean and neat, The outside pool was heated, The lazy river was disguisting! The hot tubs made weird noises and we not exactly clean. The kiddie pool inside was moldy and rusty and the paint was pilling all over it. The indoor pool area smelled awful with intense smells of chemicals and hurt your eyes so you cannot sit in there at all. The hotel website promised us easter baskets for my kids and so did the receptionist when I made reservations. Then they told me when I check in to tell them the kids agest and names and they would bring the baskets when they could. When I went to check in they played stupid about the basket. I then showed them the website where it said they would give kids easter baskets so then they said they would do it. I went the next day to tell them we would be gone all day so they could drop off the baskets and they suddenly said it would cost us $25 extra although they originally said it was the special at the time. I did not get the baskets!
Another thing they told me when I made reservations was that the Cabana Bar was open and serving alcohol poolside all day. When we got there we quickly saw that was yet another lie and they are still building the cabana bar! Luckily, the hotel next door had a cabana bar and a nicer pool! I will not stay at this hotel anymore. I told them all people want is to be told the truth! They did not have to lie to me. I could have compromised because the price was nice but I will not tolerate being lied to!
- Also Known As:
- Sandcastle South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sandcastle South Beach Hotel
- Sandcastle South Beach
- Sandcastle Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandcastle South Beach is located in Myrtle Beach South Carolina. Accommodations to please everyone will entice you to stay longer. Pools, jacuzzi, whirlpools, kiddie pool, and endless river ride offer a wide variety of water sports. Our Sandcastle South Restaurant, Oceans 22 Lounge, and seasonal poolside cabana bar will help to make your vacation a memorable experience. Sun bathe on the oceanfront lawn. Leave your footprints in our sand! Wake to the sound of gentle breezes and breathtaking waves, see the reflection of the sunrise dancing on the blue water. The view from your balcony will take your breath away. Enjoy it all with us. The place to be. The place to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sandcastle South Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.