When in need of a place to simply stop for a night, we often choose Hampton Inns. They are never luxurious, but you almost always get a well-maintained facility with clean rooms and the basic amenities you need for a short stay, at a reasonable price. We were flying out of Love Field early in the morning, so chose this Hampton because it is fairly close to the airport, and just off I-35E. With the road construction on and around I-35E, and the proximity to the airport, this location was somewhat disappointing, and it's still a few miles from the airport, so not quite as convenient as you might think. Even though it wasn't all that close to the airport, we chose it anyway, relying upon the fact that Hamptons are a reliably-good option. The location was somewhat noisy, and just generally unattractive.
The exterior, common areas, lobby, hallways, etc were all somewhat shabby-looking and in need of some updating, which is unusual for a Hampton Inn. It appeared that there was some renovation/updating going on, as almost all the doors to the rooms had some sort of spackling smeared on them in places. One of the two elevators was not working. On the positive side (and the reason I gave them an overall "average" rating, instead of something lower) the interior of our room was just what we've come to expect from a Hampton Inn. It was clean, well-maintained and appeared to be relatively new.
So, perhaps this hotel is in the process of an upgrade/remodel, in which case, in a few months, it may be deserving of a higher rating, but until then, "average" is about the best I can offer, although, I doubt the quality of the location is going to improve much any time soon.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Dallas North / i-35 East At Walnut Hill Hotel Dallas
- Hampton Inn Dallas North / i-35 East At Walnut Hill Hotel
- Hampton Inn Dallas
- Dallas Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Dallas North
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the Hampton Inn Dallas-North at Walnut Hill for a hotel convenient to all that Dallas has to offer. Our hotel is a mere 7 miles from Dallas Love Field Airport, 12 miles from DFW International Airport, 8 miles from the downtown city center and 1 mile from restaurant row. After a day of action, relax and enjoy world-class service, a completely renovated hotel, complimentary Wi-Fi, a business center, our refreshing pool and complimentary hot breakfast daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.