I was traveling with my family recently an my pregnant fiancé. Upon arrival the air conditioner in the room wasnt working appropriately. No big deal. Just a call to the front desk. After running some errands and returning to the hotel, the elevator malfunctioned with my mother, father, myself, and my fiancé. A sudden drop and then brakes locked up. After 10 mins, they were able to communicate with us. The power went off and they tried to fix it. After another 15 minutes, they informed us that the fire dept was on the way. No air in the elevator mind you. They finally showed up and after 45 long minutes, they broke us out and we were actually between floors and had to climb out. Sweating profusely and the women were stressing. The staff was very nice and agreed to comp the stay and food etc. , and our next stay at the hotel next year. They also gave us an extra room for the length of the stay. Very nice right? Thats what I thought too. The next day, I received a phone call from MATT, the general manager. He was just wanting to get on the same page on what happened. I went to the front desk to talk to him in person and make sure we were getting what we were promised. He was very hateful and said that he had only been there for 2 months and was afraid of losing his job and he told me "the staff had no authority to agree to such excessive comps". He told me that whoever made the arrangement with us to comp that stuff was probably going to lose their job. I was seriously disappointed in him as a manager, because he said he got about 9 phone calls the previous night about our situation and he not once called or showed up to make sure that we were ok. He then informed us that we would not in fact receive future comp and were limited to how much they would cover during our stay. Very rude. My father has 3 stints in his heart an my fiancé is 6 weeks away from having our first baby. When the firefighters rescued us, they said "wow, it is SO hot in there. How did you guys stand it?". This ruined our first night of our 4 night trip and we were all sick from heat exhaustion. The staff on duty that night was so helpful but am seriously disappointed in holiday inn's choice of managers. They were very rude with my mother and made the comment that they have several lawyers. Are you kidding me?! And to top it all off, the a/c STILL isn't working and when housekeeping came to clean, they didn't change the linens and did not take the dirty towels. All in all, this hotel is very dated, and except for the staff that helped us that night, not very pleasant. The bathrooms in the room have broken toilet handles, toilet paper holders falling out of walls , etc. Very poor. And for $200/night, you would expect more. Don't waste your time. Go somewhere else. I'll never stay in the holiday inn hotels again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Galveston Beach Hotel Galveston
- Holiday Inn Galveston
- Galveston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just steps from the Gulf of Mexico, Galveston Beach Hotel, Galveston's newest beachfront boutique hotel, is located on the Seawall near the Pleasure Pier and East Beach, our property is the perfect escape from the daily grind. Only 200ft from the sandy beach, you are sure to enjoy Captain Jacks Beach Bar, this large palapa-style bar is famous in Galveston and is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. Jacks offers great views of the Gulf of Mexico from 2 sun decks and a dozen ocean view tables. Captain Jacks also offers a full menu with island favorites such as, fresh fish tacos, char grilled burgers and fresh cut fries. Visit Jacks during the summer months for live entertainment from local artists on our own elevated band stage! Free Wi-Fi, a flat screen TV and a mini-refrigerator are featured in all of the temperature-controlled rooms at Galveston Beach Hotel. Most rooms offer fantastic panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and public beaches. Our on-site restaurant offers a full breakfast menu to start your day off right. Just minutes from the cruise terminal our property offers great cruise packages including parking and shuttle transportation. Whether you are going to the beach, on a cruise or in Galveston on business, you are sure to have a comfortable stay with memories that last a lifetime. Our property offers; bunk bed suites, private balconies, a magnificent free form pool with a swim up bar and waterfall, a family friendly restaurant, room service, a full gift shop and arcade! You can truly kick off your shoes and relax at the Galveston Beach Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Otel so you can book your Galveston Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.