The rooms in this hotel are pretty nice. Redone about 6 years ago from the atrocious Harvey Hotel, and some updates done since then. As an SPG Platinum who stays here a few times a year (and lots more scheduled this year), I'm upgraded to a suite about 1/2 the time. However, as a business hotel, two issues grind my gears and make me pine for the Marriott around the corner. First, the internet - it's ridiculously slow, and drops the connection all the time. It's roughly faster than 56k dialup, but less reliable. Second, and more frustrating - the breakfast area is very, very small for such a large, busy hotel. There are consistent waits of ~20 minutes at 7 am on a weekday. That's unacceptable. I don't have time to wait, and there aren't any other options in the area.
- The staff is friendly
- Westin Heavenly beds
- The fitness center is great! The pool is OK, but given the area, it's the best they could do. It's on the roof - so great views, too.
- I rather like the restaurant. It's not fancy, but for the area, it's pretty good, and I've been satisfied with all my meals from there.
- The internet. Useless! Thankfully it's included in our corporate rate - though if it weren't I'd demand my money back.
- The breakfast. See above. Ugh. Also included in corporate rate. I'd save the money otherwise.
- The rooms are loud. Quite loud. Any time I've got a room near the elevator I simply cringe.
- Shuttle runs every 30 minutes. That's a very long time to wait for a shuttle at the airport.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
22 February 2012
Report response as inappropriate
I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stays. I want you to know that your comments are heard and we are working hard to rectify these issues as we speak. As far as the internet service is concerned, we agree and are working on a new platform which will greatly enhance the speed and reliability to our guests. This should be completed soon. I have also spoken with our team to make sure that our staffing is sufficient enough to provide fast and efficient service during our breakfast meal period. We know that you have choices when you travel and we want your experience to be refreshing and renewing. It’s our promise to you.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC