We returned home two days ago after a fabulous week at the Sandy Beach. We were pleased that all the good reviews were accurate (and that the negative ones were a little bit nit-picky to be honest). We had a lovely, relaxing time at the hotel. ALL the staff were efficient but also very friendly. We had no problems at all waiting for drinks at meal times and if the barman at the pool bar had to go and retrieve glasses etc, he was not gone for long.
The hotel was always spotlessly clean as was our room after its daily visit by housekeeping.
Our main reasons for staying there were the reviews about the food, the reviews stating that guests had returned on numerous occasions and also the fact that the Manageress had bothered to personally reply to most of the reviews on this site.
I have to say that we were not disappointed when it came to the food. Really, really nice. The choice of All Inclusive drinks was not bad either. We like our wine and found the 'house' wines not too bad at all.
Yes, it can be said that there weren't too many English voices among the guests but for us that was a good thing. We don't really want to travel away from the UK on holiday only to be surrounded by accents from back home.
If watching television is a big part of your break (not sure why it would be), most of the channels are in German or Spanish (there is BBC World News, Sky News, Sky Sports 1 plus CNN and a couple of other news channels in English). But, the televisions are flat panel and have multiple inputs (scart, HDMI etc etc) so you could always take a portable DVD player and DVD's and plug it into the telly perhaps !
On our last day checkout time was 12pm but the coach was not due to take us to the airport until 18:30. Six and a half hours of waiting in the Reception lounge loomed. BUT, a quick word at reception and they said that we could keep the room until we had to go and could also use the All Inclusive facilities until 5pm with no further charge. So, rather than rushing to pack, it was back on with the sun tan lotion and back to the pool, then onto lunch, then more drinks and cakes and coffee at 3pm. This made such a difference and also gave us more or less another whole day to enjoy the sun. Obviously we were lucky that the room was not required for any new arrivals later that day but still, the hotel staff could have easily said no ! Thank you for that, it was very much appreciated.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much. We have stayed at numerous hotels around the world and this is one of only two that we would book to stay at again if we went back to the same location.
A special thanks to Soraya (hope that's how you spell her name) who was always very smiley and friendly in the restaurant and also Nina who cleaned our room so quickly and efficiently everyday. Plus both the Pool Service men who worked so hard putting out the sunbed mattresses and towels everyday.
Andy and Sharon
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel
- Seaside Sandy Beach Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Seaside Sandy Beach Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Seaside Sandy Beach is situated in the centre of Playa del Inglés at just 200 metres from the beach. In the surrounding area there are numerous commercial centres for shopping, entertainment and to enjoy the lively night-life. The hotel offers a choice of sunbathing terraces, set around the large heated fresh-water pool, which is equipped with seats and beds with massage jets and a waterfall, in which to relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Seaside Sandy Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.