OK here goes – I’m not going to repeat what everyone else has said. We do like spending time at this hotel – we were there in Jan & March - never seen so many "returnees" of different nationalities but here are a few observations.
New innovation – the hotel has now started serving bar snacks, either to the small bar area outside the lunch time restaurant or directly to your beach bed.
Which leads on to?
They could do with a few more places in the bar area – as the weather was great, people were waiting for a table to clear in order to get a drink & sit under a parasol.
The dress code in the restaurant at night time needs to monitored & reinforced – there were a few instances of people wearing shorts & baseball caps – surely its not asking too much for people to dress appropriately.
The “House Band” is changed every 2 months – the one we caught in March were very German orientated – having said that, it is the Germans who dominate the dance floor – they really do enjoy their dancing.
One of the main attractions of this hotel is its proximity to the sand dunes – however as someone else has already touched on, it can also be its downfall. In January the wind really got up & it constantly rained sand for 3 days, to such an extent that it was impossible to take advantage of the sun. The terraces & pools were submerged in sand & it was not pleasant at all. It doesn’t happen often however. A minor irritation & it won’t stop us becoming “returnees”
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Riu Palace Maspalomas Hotel
- Riu Palace Maspalomas
- Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Playa del Ingles. Next to the Maspalomas sand dunes. 4-storey building. Colonial-style architecture. 28,000 m2 of subtropical gardens. 800 m from the beach. 2 km from the city centre. 500 m from various shops. 30 km from the airport. 50 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Otel, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Maspalomas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.