Hi points - location; breakfast.
Low points - Didn't feel clean, housekeeping was really disappointing; dated and worn bathroom fixtures; Un-charming front desk staff.
We booked through a Travelzoo deal. All in all, my wife and I enjoyed our stay. The hotel is conveniently located just as you cross the bridge onto South Padre Island, and is just steps from the water. Front desk staff wasn't very inviting, but check in was relatively fast. Hotel is a pet friendly hotel, so don't be surprised to see folks with their pets on the property. Entered our room, it was large, with two queen beds with memory foam matresses. Bathroom fixtures and vanity were dated and worn, tub was dingy and the showerhead looked as though it had never been cleaned. The room just didn't look and smell clean. We did see several roaches in our room during our stay. The pool was small but charming, nice and warm, 3 of the 4 fountain fixtures were missing. The jaccuzzi only had 3 working jets. The peir to the beach was well maintained and seems quite sturdy. The breakfast was the highlight of our stay. Large waffles, ready and waiting, omelets to order, then there was the standard continental breakfast fare. The ladies making the omelettes had an efficient system that had us served quickly. Overall, I'd say it was a good value, condition wise, I'd compare it to a budget motel.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western South Padre Island
- Best Western La Copa Hotel
- South Padre Island La Copa Inn
- La Copa Inn Beachfront Resort
- La Copa Inn Beach Hotel South Padre Island, Texas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Copa Inn Beach Hotel South Padre Island, Texas. Our beachside hotel across from Queen Isabella Causeway offers an affordable vacation experience in South Padre Island, with five-star resort amenities. We have Spacious Hotel Rooms all with balconies and most with ocean view. All of our rooms feature Tempur-Pedic® mattresses, HD Flat Screen TV with premium cable channels, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron and iron board, hair dryer and in-room safe. Other conveniences include complimentary High-speed Internet access and local calls. We have guest rooms for every taste, from standard king or queen beds to our three-room family suite. All rooms are nonsmoking. Our hotel offers an outdoor pool surrounded by a sundeck with a spa tub, chaise lounges, gazebos, and a walkway to the beach. Enjoy our Complementary Hot Full Breakfast buffet, featuring delicious "Belgian Waffles" and the most recent addition "Omelet Station." For your convenience we have complementary Wi-Fi High Speed Internet access available through the entire hotel. A staffed activities desk to assist in planning excursions, coordinate sports-equipment rentals, and sell discounted tickets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Olotels, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your La Copa Inn Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.