Website photos of the property are not accurate. In reality, this place is more like the Bates Motel (from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho). The bathroom was disgusting. Wet, dirty towels over the shower curtain rack and hair in the tub. I informed the manager and he made excuses, but was unconcerned. But the worst was yet to come.
I received a very creepy call on the room phone that evening from a guy who identified himself as a permanent resident of the hotel. He said he "saw me arrive and wanted to say hello." As a female traveling alone, I can not describe how disturbing this was. I immediately called the manager who, again, seemed unconcerned and full of excuses.
After spending the night with one eye open and the chair wedged under the doorknob, I couldn't wait to check out. The same manager appeared, barefoot and dressed in a sleeveless undershirt. This is what he wore while preparing the continental breakfast. It also cleared up the mystery of the origin of the bathtub hair.
This hotel is one of the first ones you see when you cross the bridge. Keep driving.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn And Suites - Chincoteague Island
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites of Chincoteague Island, Virginia. We are conveniently located off VA-175, following the signs to "Chincoteague Island/Assateauge Islands". We have plenty to offer, as we are situated nearby many popular attractions including the NASA Wallops Visitor Center, Chincoteague Island Lighthouse, Chincoteague Pony Center, Refuge Waterfowl Museum, Beebe Ranch, and the Wildlife Expedition. If you are into sports or just getting out and having fun, there are a number of recreational activities less than 1 mile away including the Chincoteague Hunting and Fishing Center, Surfside Golf, Captain Barry's Back Bay Cruises. Here at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Chincoteague, we also have several dining options to choose from just minutes away including Steamers Restaurant, AJ's on the Creek Restaurant, Great Wall 2, Don's Seafood Market and Restaurant, and Maria's Restaurant and Pizza. Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Chincoteague Island features 23 guest rooms generously equipped with free wireless high-speed Internet access, microwave, mini-fridge, cable TV, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, and free local calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Vantage Hospitality, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Chincoteague Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.