We booked the 'Awesome Bay Experience' package, which includes 2 nights at the lodge and 1 night on board the Ipipiri cruise ship around the Bay of Islands. This was far from a luxury and relaxing stay from the beginning. There were a number of basic mistakes made from Geoff and Chris as detailed below:
1) We didn't receive our 'bottle of bubbles on arrival to enjoy and relax with' as described on their website.
2) This has now been taken off the website but at the time there was filtered water in the fridge promised, however this wasn't present.
3) When having wine with dinner (note dinner was included and prepared by Chris as it was Xmas and most local restaurants closed) we declined the red offered, not to be offered any alternative - not even water with dinner!
4) Had to endure Chris sitting at the dinner table smelling strongly of cigarette smoke.
5) Whilst out for the day our room was serviced, during which all of my toiletries were moved and tidied away.
6) Being woken at 7am by Chris banging crockery in the kitchen.
On the plus side the room and B&B were spotless and the food was generally of a high quality. The hosts are very much involved in your trip, so if you want a realxing holiday where you can be left to your own devices and enjoy your privacy, this is not for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from bustling Kerikeri 88 Lodge & its swimming pool are secluded within park-like subtropical gardens. With just 3 rooms (all en-suite), the lodge is warm, intimate and homely. Your room has a King sized bed and is fully equipped with everything you will need to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. Breakfasts are a specialty of the house and made to your order from the freshest & most local produce. Free High Speed Internet & National telephone calls make keeping in touch so easy. 88 Lodge is perfectly located for the best of The Bay of islands and all Northland. Geoff & Chris your hosts, pride themselves on ensuring you have the most memorable time in this wonderful part of New Zealand. Their hospitality is only matched by their local knowledge and free tour planning to ensure you make the very most of your time in this piece of paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your 88 Lodge Luxury Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.