Pros: Professional staff, room not completely horrible, cheap
Cons: room pretty horrible
I booked a room here for the night before a trail marathon in the nearby mountains. Being the kind of guy who runs trail marathons, my tolerance for grime and discomfot is pretty high, but this hotel nearly cleared the bar to gross me out.
It's got that nasty motel feel, with dirty outdoor hallways and stairwells featuring rusted fixtures, loud ice machines and mystery drips. It's got some kind of conference/reception setup, so there was a hillbilly wedding going on, which made for at least some lively neighbors.
Like many "Quality" Inns I've used, the facilities are pretty old and crumbling around the edges (plaster falling, horrific moldy baseboards/caulk lines in bathrooms, etc.). This one had a mustier smell than most, a combination of old, wet plaster and mildewy 80s carpet.
That wasn't what put it over the edge for me, however. That was the pretty major and huge dead cockroach in my bathroom, right where housekeeping should have seen it. When I was through being disgusted by that, I reached for a washcloth to clean up my face, and right before I was about to rub it onto my mug, my eyes focused on a tremendously awesome dark-n-curly, obviously a leftover from a prior guest, embedded in the terrycloth weave. It was not alone.
Mangement's response to my complaints about this situation was to completely ignore me, though I made several attempts to contact them using both local and national contact info.
Bottom line, may be worth the money, depending on how much skank you can put up with.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Roanoke Airport Hotel
- Quality Inn Roanoke Airport Hotel Roanoke
- Roanoke Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Roanoke
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn® Roanoke Airport is conveniently located off Interstate 581, only two miles from Roanoke Regional Airport and Valley View Mall, one of Virginia's largest shopping centers. The hotel is minutes from Jefferson Center community center and historic landmark; Roanoke Civic Center convention, exhibition and cultural complex; Salem Civic Center's James E. Taliaferro Sports & Entertainment Complex and Hollins University .This Roanoke hotel is also near Dixie Caverns & Pottery Shop cave tour and Mill Mountain Zoo. The Virginia Horse Center, Smith Mountain Lake and Virginia Military Institute are within 45 miles.Sir Pete's Grill, located on the property, is open for dinner Monday-Friday 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (dinner served until 9:00 p.m.). The restaurant offers pool tables and dart boards.Quality Inn Roanoke Airport guests are invited to enjoy superior amenities like:•Free 24-hour airport transportation•Free deluxe continental breakfast with hot items•Free wireless high-speed Internet access•Free weekday newspaper•Free local callsWork off the day's stress in the exercise room and relax by the large seasonal outdoor pool. Be sure to enjoy the on-site game room and billiard room. This Roanoke hotel provides business travelers with rooms with spacious work areas and access to copy and fax services. Meeting and banquet facilities are available to accommodate business and meeting functions of almost any size.All rooms feature coffee makers, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms are equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. Non-smoking and handicap accessible rooms are also offered.Guest laundry facilities and a safe are located on the property. This is a pet-friendly hotel; a stay fee is required.When visiting the Roanoke area for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn Roanoke Airport is a perfect hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Quality Inn Roanoke Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.