We have been coming to this sleepy little town of Port Washington, located on lake Michigan, for over 30 years and it has become our very favorite getaway (1/2 hr north of Milwaukee). We start with a lunch (Mortons Pub) and shopping in Cedarburg (20 min away) It is always a comfortable stay at this friendly hotel where the pool is so warm, clean, and inviting . The sauna and hot tub are great too! The rooms are very clean and spacious...nothing fancy but very comfortable and the price is right!. Winter or Summer, the views are always incredible of Lake Michigan where this lovely hotel is located. The front desk staff is so accomodating, the cozy bar overlooking the pool where you can look after your swimming older kids is great! We love walking down by the waterfront checking out the boats in the summer,,, in the winter, we walk down by the lighthouse and watch the waves crash into icy sculptures.
Our favorite "eats" are Harry diner for breakfast, Beanies for Mexican, or Newport New (right on the water) for fish fry or a hearty steak~ they also have a very cool bar! We do miss the legendary "Smith Bros" Fish House which was famous for so many years but now is vacant except for a little spot where there is a coffee shop. This would be a perfect place for a new fish house restaurant to go! We enjoy bringing our friends and their families here over the years where they have made this their new "favorite" getaway!
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel
- Holiday Inn Port Washington Hotel Port Washington
- Port Washington Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Harborview Port Washington Hotel,, located just 20 miles North of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. There are no other Wisconsin destinations that can offer the same sort of East-coast, New England-like charm. The Holiday Inn Harborview is one of the few Lake Michigan harbortown hotels in Wisconsin, offering a unique & charming boutique hotel experience. All guests are sure to appreciate the convenience of being adjacent to the Port Washington Marina, downtown shops & boutiques and some of the finest restaurants in the Milwaukee area including our very own Rusty Anchor Saloon & Eatery! For nearby recreation we are one of the only Port Washington, Milwaukee, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton area hotels near: charter fishing on Lake Michigan (3 boats on property), Interurban Bike Trail (starts on property), Elkhart Lake Road America and Kohler Wisconsin. In addition, being one of the few Cedarburg area hotels, many guests will take the short 8-mile trip to experience the Cedar Creek Winery & antique shops in historic downtown Cedarburg. For corporate travelers, the hotel is conveniently located near WE Energies Port Washington Power Plant, Concordia University, Charter Steel, SKF, Simplicity, Allen Edmonds, Tecumseh, Leggett & Platt, Columbia St. Mary s and Kleen Test Products. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.