Currently staying here...the unit is circa 1960--feels more like a Super 8 motel (and looks like it). The sofa or "sofa bed" is useless--the springs are felt while sitting on the cushions that list slumpl to the middle. I wouldn't even put a child on this bed. I did call the front desk and their suggestion is to write a letter so the owners will be prompted to upgrade. Irrelevant at this point. I understand the main beauty and draw to Maui is the beach, but it's equally important to feel comfortable, have a decent bed and have a clean unit. All of the furniture is low to the ground and hard (and very square). It's simply tired and outdated. Only wired Internet connections are available so bulky wires take up the precious dining room table space. The outdoors is fine and the beach is awesome...it is just unit #17.
Since everyone pays the same regardless of unit (and some are quite nice with upgrades, etc.)--keep looking. I hope this information is received as it is intended; updates are beyond needed.
- Also Known As:
- Hale Pau Hana Hotel Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana Hotel
- Hale Pau Hana Kihei
- Hale Pau Hana
- Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort Maui/Kihei
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Maui Condos on the Beach: No other south Maui condo offers vacation rentals that are right on the beach. Unlike other Maui vacation rentals in south Maui, our condo has direct access to the Kihei beach. Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort is Right on Kamaole Beach Park II in south Maui. Every condo rental unit is beachfront and has an ocean view. Only a few steps over the manicured lawn to the soft sandy beach and blue ocean. We combine all the comforts of home and the services of a hotel to make Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort the best "Home away from Home" in paradise. Individually decorated, each condominium offers a complete kitchen, free WiFi, free cable TV and free domestic telephone calls. Vacation paradise on Maui! Experience why guests return year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hale Pau Hana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.