We had a fabulous stay at the Kaanapali Villas- the hotel was exactly what we wanted- right on the beach, next to nice, newer, mega resorts but for half the cost. The room decor was average- nothing special but not a turn off. We had a full kitchen and the room walked out to a beautiful view of the "quiet pool". The bed was comfortable and in general the place was very clean.
Every morning we walked/ran on the beach walk and had breakfast at the Castaway Cafe restaurant. The food was pretty good and prices very reasonable (very much like the midwest).
There is supposed to be a trolley that comes by the hotel on the hour, but we never used it. The hotel is just one mile from Whaler's Village and we walked there every day. From there, you can take a bus into Lahaina, so we never needed a rental car. We only stayed for 5 nights but if our stay would've been much longer I think we would have needed a car.
Most of the other guests were over 40. In fact, 60 may have been the median age. The pool was never crowded, it was always nice and quiet, you could always get a lounge chair or a spot in the hot tub and everything was very mellow. This made for an incredibly relaxing vacation. That's a long way of saying if you're looking for nightlife or looking to meet young singles this is definitely not the place for you.
For us, the price was right, the hotel was just nice enough and we'd return in a heartbeat.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Hotel
- Resortquest Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Hotel
- Kaanapali Villas
- Maui Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Kaanapali Villas
- Resortquest Maui
- Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas Lahaina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This may be Kaanapali's finest beachfront setting. Resting amid 11 acres of exotic tropical gardens in the heart of the Kaanapali Resort area, the resort has an on-site water activity center, two newly-renovated pool areas and a free shuttle to Kaanapali Resort area shopping and activities. The poolside cafe features island cuisine accompanied by an expansive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Tingo so you can book your Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.