I'd like to start off by saying that I've had the pleasure of staying in various Ritz Carlton properties throughout the United States. While being pleased with just about every stay I must say that my stay at Ritz Carlton, San Francisco definitely provided the WOW factor. The staff is extremely Professional, Polite and Accommodating.
It all started at check in when they offered a welcome glass of champagne. It may not have be Cristal but was a nice gesture to welcome incoming guests. Every Ritz Carlton should do this. Check in was a breeze and the agent was friendly and expeditious and I was in my room in less than 5 minutes. I was in a Club Deluxe room.
From what I noticed the Superior/Deluxe rooms are not tremendous but not small either but more importantly well maintained. The bathroom is a very important factor for me when I rate a hotel. Since it is a older building, the standard rooms did have a shower/tub combo and I do prefer separates but, what I did notice was the marble was actually in very good condition and shiny. Lots of hotels have marble bathrooms and never maintain or polish the marble and it ends up looking old, spotted and dirty (Ritz Carlton Marina del Rey) but not at RC SFO. The marble was clean and shiny. as were all marble areas throughout the hotel.
In addition, the Club lounge definitely seemed superior to other RC Club lounges. Their offerings were extensive, offerings were nearly continuous, so there were no long gaps of in between times and every single club concierge could not bend over backwards enough to be more accommodating. I spent most of my stay in the club lounge and noticed that the Ladies & Gentlemen truly take pride in their jobs/hotel and understand the philosophy of Ritz Carlton.
I took a loot at the gym and it looked like there were ample machines/weights. The SPA was a little odd shaped and the layout may not be of a typical SP but nonetheless seemed acceptable.
Hotel is pricey but you get what you pay for. What a luxurious and serious orientated stay? Stay here.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel San Francisco
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel
- San Francisco Ritz Carlton
- Ritz San Francisco
- Ritz-Carlton San Francisco
- San Francisco Ritz-Carlton
- San Francisco Ritz
- Ritz Carlton San Francisco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is nestled in the heart of this amazing city, but miles away from an ordinary experience.Escape to this luxury hotel in San Francisco today. The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco is a Tier 3 property in The Ritz-Carlton Rewards.This San Francisco luxury hotel features 336 guestrooms and suites, Parallel 37 - Ron Siegels chic, new restaurant, bar and lounge and a recently expanded, state of the art fitness facility, and much more. All just blocks from mainstay landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Olotels, Priceline, Amex, Otel, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.