This is a very nice property close to the airport and by a marina in lovely San Diego.
My husband and I have stayed here on previous occasions - usually overnighting before a cruise.
This trip we spent 7 days at the hotel with a room overlooking the marina. Previous reviewers are correct that there are two distinct properties so advised to check which one is most suitable.
As it is a little out of the downtown area - you either need to rent a car (but be forewarned overnight on site parking is $22.00 per night) or take the shuttle to the airport which runs frequently and is 7 minutes away and then catch the 992 city bus which takes you by the cruise ships and then turns to downtown and the trolley connections. Its fun if you don't mind public transportation and for $5.00 you can purchase a day pass which you can even use to get to Sea World/the wonderful Zoo or Mission Beach.
The service at the hotel is very good - the front desk personnel were always friendly.
If you have a breakfast package you do get a breakfast buffet daily. The staff there varies and the service isn't great. But for OJ, coffee and a croissant its fine.
The main hotel has a beautiful pool and complete fitness centre. The other hotel has a pool
but the fitness centre is undergoing renovations and will be reopening in the future.
All in all this is a great spot for visiting San Diego and area. If you can get a reasonable rate and are staying long enough to get the special breakfast buffet its a good deal for the area.
- Also Known As:
- The Sheraton San Diego Hotel And Marina
- Sheraton San Diego
- San Diego Sheraton Hotel Marina
- San Diego Sheraton
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel Marina
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay, the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina offers panoramic views and easy access to the destination’s renowned attractions. The waterfront campus features 1,053 guest rooms with picturesque water views, as well as 73 meeting spaces, and 120,000 sq.ft. of indoor and outdoor event space. An award winning hotel, we specialize in group events ranging from 10 – 1,200 attendees. Enjoy authentic entertainment at San Diego’s illustrious waterfront attractions, Harbor Island and Liberty Station – a former Naval Base repurposed as a mix use destination. Experience the city’s waterfront attractions via The Big Bay Shuttle. The historic Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy and the amenities of downtown are only minutes away. Recreation includes a full service spa, two Core Performance Fitness Centers, three swimming pools, bicycle rentals, tennis and volleyball courts, as well as jogging/ bike trails connecting the hotel to the city’s majestic destination. Sail the Bay on one of our partner charter operators. Seasonal activities include Summer Play - an array of water recreation programs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Otel, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Olotels, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.