A few blocks away from gorgeous Central Park is The International Cozy Inn, in Harlem - a wonderful place to stay while you're visiting NYC. It's tucked away in Harlem, out of the hustle/bustle of touristy places to stay in Manhattan - but you're just a few subway stops away in terms of seeing said touristy spots. The management of this inn speaks tons about the pride of ownership. They are very particular about it's cleanliness and very few, basic rules such as requesting not to put luggage on beds and to respect the general accommodations. I would make the same rules! No bedbugs or bugs of any kind! Management goes to extreme measures to clean rooms before they are let out again. All bedding and mattresses are steam cleaned! Our room had three comfortable beds with fresh linens, a private bathroom, and a kitchenette, which was great because we saved money by cooking our own meals (there is a great market just up the street where you can buy everything you need! there are also lots of other types of shops in the area where you can get a hair cut, have a drink, pick up pharmacy items, etc. etc.). We had air conditioning, which was sorely required when we were in NYC as it was unseasonably warm. The cleaning/maintenance staff are extremely friendly and accommodating. Michelle, who helps to manage the inn with her parents, responds quickly to email and in-person requests. She is extremely friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is relaxed. This is not your cookie cutter hotel room! This is a unique place to stay in a safe, quiet, vibrant neighbourhood. On the walls of the inn, you can see many pictures of travellers who stayed there. We stayed on the top floor which required walking (I think) four flights, which was not a problem for us, but may be a challenge if you are in a wheelchair. We saved so much money by staying here as opposed to in one of the other touristy areas, that we were able to stay another day in NYC and make a few shopping/dinner splurges. I would absolutely recommend this inn to everyone who is looking for something off the beaten path. I miss it already and hope to return one day.
- Also Known As:
- The International Cozy Hotel New York City
- The International Cozy Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cozy, comfortable and very affordable! All rooms at The International Cozy Inn (ICI) were well thought out and planned for total comfort. From comfortable bedding, soft fluffy towels and silk flowers, every room was designed in a contemporary style. You will receive a modern style setting with old fashion hospitality. You will want to stay here. We are known for return guest as well as special request for our rooms. Most of our guests are International visitors from all over the world. Some guests have remained as permanent tenants through the years. This landmark building currently houses students from abroad and this is how The International Cozy Inn was conceived through its diverse culture. We are located two blocks from all major transportation making it accessible to reach Central park, Lincoln Center, and Times Square (only 12 minutes away) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Budget Places so you can book your The International Cozy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.