My mom had booked this hotel before we had talked about our options...and I was concerned when I saw the pictures and reviews, considering I am somewhat picky. However, I was very impressed with this hotel. It is definitely no-frills and small, but clean and comfortable. Any issues we had were addressed immediately.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is free, and the bagels and coffee were good. Also fresh fruit was available to grab and go for the day.
As long as you don't mind walking, the location is great...we walked from the hotel to our Broadway shows, Times Square, the Subway, etc. Everything you need is within a few blocks. And you are so close to the Harbour Tours! There's a Duane Reade a couple of blocks away which is great for drinks and snacks for your room. Also there is an Italian Restaurant (Il Punto) within a couple blocks that if you mention you are staying at this hotel, you get a 10% discount (...get the Pera salad mmmmm!)
We were 2 women travelling alone, and we felt safe walking around the area, even when we came back at midnight.
I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel - I thought it was great!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hotel New York City
- Best Western Convention Center
- Best Western New York City
- New York City Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new construction, Located a half block from Jacob Javits Convention Center. Short walking distance to Times Square, Penn Station, and other major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Best Western, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Convention Center Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.