This hotel is in a great location, but there are a couple of other hotels on the same street so it doesnt really make it that special!
I will not choose to stay in a Jumeirah hotel again. A $3220 Gucci dress was stolen from my room and when I reported the issue to the hotel they didn't seem as concerned as they should've been...
On the contrary, they told me that their house keepers have been working there for a long time and tried to turn the fault on me by saying that I might have dropped the dress in the garbage and they might have just threw it out!!
I mean how frustrating is that?????
I reported the dress as soon as I found out that it was missing and I was staying another 6 days at the hotel - which is more than enough time for the hotel to do something about it, but they kept on turning me down whenever I would ask and told me that the managers are dealing with the situation... And they ofcourse let us travel with out dealing with anything.
Another annoying issue was the view of the room... before booking at the hotel I looked up some reviews and most of them said that any room at this hotel would have a good view of the park - or any view at all -
when we arrived we found out we had NO VIEW whatsoever! we were completely blocked by another building. So it was like being locked in a room that wasn't in NY!
This was my 1st time in NY and I was hoping for smtg a bit better!
Because of this the wind current was so loud and noisy which also made it hard to sleep.
Do not stay in the suite if you like a quite sleep!
This should have been a quite getaway for me and my husband. It was a surprise trip as I had not seen him in three months plus I am eight months pregnant!!!!
The hotel did not give a care in the world that my stay would feel safe and secure and that I had no worries. I actually had to put some of my clothes in the safe all the time during my stay.
We also left the DND sign and the room was left uncleaned cuz we were scared that something else would get stolen!
However, the breakfast at the hotel is really good and the room service was enjoyable.
I wish the incident of the dress never happened cuz that is all what I will remember of this trip :(
Anyway I am back home now and the hotel say that they are "still" reviewing the matter and will get back to me soon....!!!
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Essex House Hotel
- Jumeirah Essex House Hotel New York City
- Jumeirah Essex Hotel
- Jumeirah Essex House
- Hotel Jumeirah Essex
- Jumeirah Essex
- Essex House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since opening its doors in 1931, the JW Marriott Essex House New York has served as an iconic Central Park hotel, delivering exceptional experiences for its guests. This New York luxury hotel welcomes you with contemporary guestrooms and suites – many affording views of Central Park – that offer distinctive amenities and the latest in technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Essex House New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.