I loved the location. It was about two blocks away from Grand Central Terminal, but still close to shopping and good restaurants. I liked being away from the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Also, it is not that far to walk there.
We got there early on a Saturday morning around 11am. I didn't expect us to get a room, but wanted to drop our bags off so that we could get some lunch. Luckily, there was a room already available and we were checked in right away. There was only one person at the front desk, and I found that a bit odd. I'm just used to there being a lot of people at the front desk, ready to help. However, the lady at the front was still helpful.
The room was huge compared to NYC standards. It was also clean. We did go to the bar downstairs for a quick drink. The bar was small and didn't seem to have enough chairs. Though, it looked like they could've easily squeezed in 3 more chairs. Also, the bar ran out of Crown. It was kind of disappointing because how does a bar run out of Crown?? Oh well.
We only stayed for one night. I called the next morning to see if we could get a late check out. They happily said OK! and said we could check out by 3pm. Awesome!! A few minutes later, someone knocked on our door and I told them we were checking out late. She said we could stay until 5pm, then changed her mind and said 4pm instead. We wouldn't have stayed that late anyway, but it was nice to know that it was an option.
Otherwise, check-out was simple. The lobby is a bit small for being The Westin, but it didn't change the way we felt out the hotel. We had a great stay and will definitely be staying there again!!
- Also Known As:
- The New York Helmsley Hotel
- The New York Helmsley Hotel New York City
- New York Helmsley
- The Hotel New York City
- New York Helmsley Hotel
- Hemsley New York
- Helmsley Hotel New York
- The New York City Helmsley
- Helmsley New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin New York Grand Central hotel is located in the heart of midtown Manhattan. Our hotel is ideal for both leisure and business travelers as it is ideally located near Grand Central Terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin New York Grand Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.