What a great concept for a hotel. It's basically a small studio apartment, complete with full fridge, microwave and sink. Plates and glasses are provided. So you can, to an extent, cook meals here.
Pretty much everything is a 10-minute walk, or less, and the Charm City Circulator (free shuttle bus) stops basically right outside the hotel. I had a car for part of the time I stayed here and parked it overnight on the street. I had no problems and got spots less than a block from the front door. The neighborhood feels pretty safe and there are several restaurants and bars on Charles Avenue, right next to the hotel.
The room was excellent. I had a fantastic view of the city (my room faced north), the bed was very comfortable, the wired and wireless internet worked really well and it was very quiet, cozy and comfortable.
The hotel staff were nice and helpful, able to give directions and give advice and information on area attractions and restaurants. The casual lobby concept was very cool. There's a front desk area, but the common area is mostly couches and a few high tables, with a TV at the center. This is where breakfast is served. The breakfast was very good, and above the standards of most free hotel breakfasts. They changed the main dish each day but had toast, muffins and oatmeal as staples throughout my stay of three nights. Additionally, just like other Hilton properties with free breakfasts, there's a sort of condiment bar that includes dried fruit, brown sugar and other items, to compliment the oatmeal or cereal.
I had a great time in Baltimore and I think at least part of it was because of my decision to stay here. Being able to walk to everything made the logistics a lot more simple and having such a nice room to come back to made it a lot more relaxing. I'll be back.
- Also Known As:
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Baltimore Downtown Hotel
- Home2 Suites By Hilton Baltimore Downtown Hotel Baltimore
- Comfort Inn Baltimore
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Home2 Suites by Hilton is located in downtown Baltimore near many businesses, restaurants and attractions! We're a 10 minute walk from Baltimore's beautiful Inner Harbor, Camden Yards, First Mariner Arena, as well as the National Aquarium, Pier 5 Concert Pavilion and dozens of restaurants for any occasion. We offer 95 brand new contemporary suites with modern amenities including free wireless high-speed internet, free inspired breakfast and 42" flat screen TV"s! The Home2 Suites is central to Mercy and Johns Hopkins Hospitals, Baltimore's Financial District, and has easy access to Fell's Point and Federal Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.