My wife and I stayed here several years ago and were very impressed with it. I even wrote a very glowing review of it here on Trip Advisor. We stayed here for three days recently and I dont know what happened but the hotel's standards have slipped. There were three main issues that concerned me.
One was that the wifi was spotty at best. We had an ipad and and iphone with us. Half the time the wifi was not working. We checked with another couple who were with us and were staying nearby and they experienced the same issues.
Two was that our room was not cleaned the first day that we were there. We left at 10 am and saw a maid in the room next door. We got back at about 4 and a maid said that she forgot to give us towels. She gave us the towels, but when we got into the room, the bed was not made, nor was the room cleaned.
Finally was the attitude of one of the valet parking attendants. We dropped off our car yesterday afternoon and when we got to our room, we realized that we had left something in our car. My wife called front desk. They transferred and she explained the problem to them. They said that they would bring the car around again so we could retrieve the item. I went down expecting the car to be there. When I got there it wasnt and the valet had such an attitude that I would up getting the keys from him, and going to where the car was parked in the adjacent garage and then getting the item myself. If you are going to charge me for valet parking, dont give me an attitude when something like this happens.
We would have brought these issues to the managers attention, however we had a long drive home today and checked out at 5 am. We did not feel like bringing it the issues up then.
Overall this stay was a disappointment. There are a lot of other hotels in the same price range as this one in Savannah. We will be staying at one of them the next time that we are in town.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Savannah
- Holiday Inn Savannah
- Savannah Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in the heart of the historic district and soak up the splendor that is Savannah. Next time your travels take you to Savannah, choose the brand new Holiday Inn Express Historic District. This contemporary Southern style property is located right on Bay St. and is surrounded by dozens of boutiques, restaurants, River Street and Savannah s famed squares. It features a graceful lobby, full service fireside lobby bar, a rooftop pool and gazebo and guest rooms equipped with flat screen TVs. Rates include deluxe continental breakfast and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.