When I couldn't get a room at the traditional hotel where my conference was held, I looked for the next closest place. While the Creole Gardnes was still a mile away, I enjoyed the morning walks, but don't recommend walking back at night. It is convenient to the St. Charles Streetcar, so I rode that a couple of days. The accommodations in the cottage rooms are aptly described as 'funky'. In addition to a small set of bongo drums, my room had bunk beds and a very small bathroom, but I knew I would only be there to sleep. For the difference in price, it was definitely worth it. It was nice to have a quiet sit down, cooked to order breakfast without the usual hassles of long waits in big hotels with everyone you know sitting in the same dining room. The staff was very friendly and I felt right at home.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, named the hippest neighborhood in North America, this property features 26 newly renovated rooms in several 1840’s historic mansions and converted slave quarters, centered around a banana courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.