My wife and I have two young daughters, and traveling to Jazz Fest is a labor of love. We're pretty mellow and low maintenance, and what we want is to recreate the feel of staying with family. At CG, you arrive and you get that experience. We arrived, dropped our stuff off and were able to go to sleep. No bellhop with a uniform or mints on our pillows but (those things are great) that's not what we were looking for or expected here.
In the morning we woke up and weren't embarrassed to have our young children explore the kitchen and ask AP or Steve about the history of the place. They weren't so busy running the business that they couldn't spend time with us making us feel welcome. That's the thing we were looking for. They helped us get our bikes ready and hook our double-trailer onto the bike so we could bike over to the fairgrounds with the kids in tow.
I didn't really look at the thread count on the sheets, or run my finger on the window sill looking for dust. The place felt clean, and the sheets felt clean. The breakfast was convenient, and inexpensive. Some people want to go out for some better fare, and that's fine. We enjoyed being able to eat there. One morning our friend came over and ate with us--they didn't ask for his room number or demand extra money. They were sweet, and kind, and I wish them continued success. (selfishly, hopefully not so much success that I'm not able to find a room with them. :)
The biggest test for me is that this year (2012) will be our fifth year returning to Noz for Jazzfest. This is the first year that I've emailed the same place to book a return stay.
- Also Known As:
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel New Orleans
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Hotel
- Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed And Breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Lower Garden District, named the hippest neighborhood in North America, this property features 26 newly renovated rooms in several 1840’s historic mansions and converted slave quarters, centered around a banana courtyard and fountain. The Creole Gardens is one block from St. Charles streetcar and Mardi Gras parade routes, minutes from the French Quarter, Magazine Street and the Convention Center. All rooms open to outdoor areas, for that true Nawlins lifestyle. Pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.