We stayed one night and were very pleased with the hotel. Our double queen bedroom was large, nicely decorated, and very clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the bath was large.
One problem we encountered was trying to unload our car with three buses on the street in front of us. It appeared that they had unloaded the luggage, but they continued to sit in front of the hotel. I don't know how much blame the hotel deserves, but there was poor planning on the part of someone.
The young lady at the desk told us we could park on the street because meters are not checked between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am. (She also gave us a room far away from the young people who were checking in.) While we drove around the block waiting for the buses to move, we saw lots of metered parking in well lighted areas. We finally were able to park directly in front of the hotel in a parallel space. My husband went out the next morning and fed the meter until we checked out, and it was significently less than the thirty dollar valet parking fee.
It was very crowded at breakfast, and the attendants did a fabulous job of replenishing items on the breakfast bar. The food was very good with lots of variety. If it hadn't been raining, it would have been pleasant to sit in the pretty courtyard near the pool to enjoy our meal.
The business center was well equipped, and there was also a seperate area dedicated to printing boarding passes.
We would definitely stay in this hotel again. The rate we paid was very inexpensive for the quality we received. It isn't near the French Quarter, but if you have a car, this hotel is an excellent value.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center is one exceptionally surprising choice! The Hotel opened in March of 2000 and is located directly across the street from Hall E of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and minutes from the French Quarter. The hotel features a beautiful renovation of a 1900’s classic New Orleans warehouse, and all efforts have been made to showcase and preserve the original materials of the building, including the hardwood floors, hand-hewed beams, exposed bricks and the unique tower section. In the evenings, guests can enjoy the charm of the building in our Warehouse Bar or relax by the newly renovated pool courtyard.The Hotel offers a complimentary On the Run hot breakfast buffet, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary access to the Business Center and Fitness Center, Clean & Fresh bedding, flat screen televisions, microwave and mini-fridge in all standard guest rooms and full kitchens in all suite guestrooms. The Hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.