Came here for three days to take in the area. Stayed in a one bedroom suite. I happened to be here on JazzFest so prices were inflated but that's on me. You can't go a weekend without something going on in New Orleans. I went in wanting to be impressed from the reviews it gets but was somewhat underwhelmed. So on to the hotel pros and cons.
-Decent rooftop pool and hot tub, if not a bit small.
-Right next to the Carondelet(St Charles) street car line so this was a bonus.
-Not far, maybe 4 blocks to Bourbon St. or to Canal St. street car line to take you to the French Market, Jackson Square or RiverWalk.
-Breakfast and the evening Kickback are nice touches that add value.
-Room was acceptable except for the cons below.
-I liked the lobby, thought it was classy.
-Front desk was pleasant and helpful.
-Bed was very comfy.
-Wi-Fi was good.
-Mold in the bedroom closet ceiling. Don't they check for this kind of thing?
-The lighting is not good, at least in my room it wasn't
-View from the one small window was terrible. Just an observation. Room 518 so you know.
-The room was odd shaped, so tons of wasted space.
-Big Con! Beware! This hotel is being renovated! I don't have a problem with that so much as the parking set-up is atrocious because of it. The valets are in constant confusion and never know for sure if your car is coming until it shows up. When it does get there, there is no room to park it because the lot is set up badly for this. When paying 25 dollars to park I need some kind of system I can trust. Either they need to start eating the cost or get a company to handle this better!
Overall, I'm still on the fence if I would return to this hotel, maybe after the additions to parking and the expansion are finished I might consider it.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites New Orleans
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel
- Drury Inn & Suites New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury Inn
- Drury New Orleans
- New Orleans Drury
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. A stay in the Big Easy doesn’t get any easier than at the Drury Inn & Suites. Located one block from the famous St. Charles trolley, you have easy access to the regal beauty of Garden District and the vibrant nightlife of the French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites - New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.