At the "locals" end of the French Quarter, a stone's throw from the French Market, the music clubs of Frenchman Street, and excellent restaurants, Le Richelieu is also a few minutes walk to all the popular "must-see" sites such as Jackson Square, Canal Street, and the "mighty Mississippi." Thanks to the streetcar line and public bus system, a car is unnecessary, though the Richelieu provides safe, on-site parking for a reasonable fee. The hotel is very "old New Orleans" and decorated accordingly with beautiful antiques. If you need anything, just ask. The entire staff is there to help you find your way around safely and comfortably. The cozy bar offers lovely drinks, the cafe attracts many New Orleanians, especially for Sunday brunch. The salt-water pool is an oasis of tropical pleasure and as the charming, octogenarian owner says, the lack of chlorine prevents damage to "the ladies hair-does!" My room was clean, comfortable, and the little refrigerator was great for storing drinks and leftovers from the great restaurants. If you like a small, cozy, quaint-but-elegant hotel with a convenient, safe, quiet(ish) location (New Orleans is rarely sedate!), then stay at Le Richelieu and enjoy the best town in the USA.
- Also Known As:
- Le Richelieu In The French Quarter Hotel New Orleans
- Le Richelieu In The French Quarter Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Richelieu is a small hotel, 85 rooms, located in the historic French Quarter. We have a cafe & bar which overlook our courtyard & swimming pool area. Our in-room amenities include private baths, satellite television, refrigerator, telephone with Free Wireless Internet, Free local calls, hairdryer, iron & full-size ironing board. We also feature Secure, Self Parking On Premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Le Richelieu in the French Quarter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.