We stayed for three nights in a standard king room, 1315, with city-view. The view was nice, but would have been better if not partially blocked by the Loew's Hotel just across the street. Basically, I would rate this hotel room as excellent, completely comparable to other Harrah's hotels in which we have stayed. Spacious bathroom with separate potty closet; shower separate from tub. Single sink, but plenty of room on each side. The bed was extremely comfortable. The room contained a small refrigerator and a safe, an important feature in a casino hotel. We did not use the hotel's wifi, as there is an extra charge (I think $13.95). Instead, the AT&T cell signal was strong and provided satisfactory data service on my iPad. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly, helpful, and courteous.
A complaint I would have about this hotel is that restaurant facilities are lacking. Strangely, there is a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse inside the hotel itself, and then a separate upscale steak restaurant called Besh within the casino. We had a late lunch at the casino buffet on arrival, then breakfast there the next morning. I do not recommend eating at the buffet; in both quality and variety it does not meet the standards of most other casino buffets we have experienced. Also, the casino itself lacks a 24-hour cafe seen at others. For breakfast, I recommend Cafe Adelaide in Lowe's just across Peters St. from the hotel front door. (Try the French toast!) The cafe front door opens directly onto Peters. Another handy and moderately-priced restaurant we tried was Gordon Biersch, which we enjoyed and would recommend.
As for the casino, it's about what you might expect--meaning smoky, noisy, crowded. Personally, if I had a choice I would go elsewhere; in this case I didn't have a choice. Also, we mostly played video poker. Many of the machines seemed poorly maintained and were not regularly kept clean.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s New Orleans Hotel
- Harrah`s New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs Hotel New Orleans
- Harrahs New Orleans
- Harrahs New Orleans Casino
- Harrahs New Orleans Hotel
- Harrahs New Orleans Casino New Orleans
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Harrah's New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.