We`d been driving round Joshua Tree, and were hoping to find a charismatic little hotel for the last night of our 25 wedding anniversary round the world trip.
Bad timing, and our lack of looking into this part of the tour in enough detail, meant that we overlooked the fact we were trying to find a room a few hours south of Las Vegas, on a Friday, which also happened to be the first night of the Spring Break.
We had called at everywhere we`d come across from the Joshua Tree exit, to no avail, and were contemplating going back to Pioneertown, and the lovely little Inn there.
Then we saw this place and went for it, rather than be completely stranded...you know you get to that point when you`re roadtripping and you almost start to panic and get ratty with each other?
Pretty much the last room in the place was a suite; a bit more expensive than we had been/ were expecting to pay, and nowhere near the standards we`d been used to.......I was a very spoilt stroppy Mrs at this particular point..possibly also because the dream holiday was just about to finish.
I was just so hoping we`d be able to end with something very special.
But needs must.
The suite was a bit disappointing, with a separate narrow lounge that almost seemed like an after thought.
Bathroom was rather large, and the shower was much bigger than yer average.
I`d imagine mainly because it was a disabled access suite.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast however was a very strange affair, with polystyrene plates, cups and dishes and plastic cutlery.
That is just so wrong.
Not a particularly interesting breakfast selection either, with pretty much no fresh food except for a few pieces of fruit.
Quirky little outside swimming pool, that was only really big enough to cool us down briefly.
All in all, it served a purpose, was clean and comfortable, but it could`ve been any hotel any town, and that`s just not our cup of tea.
If you don`t mind walking 10 mins up the road, The Rib Co restaurant is well worth a visit.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Twentynine Palms
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 29 Palms
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newest Hotel in the Morongo Basin! Wonderful Staff! Great Rooms! Come enjoy our Indoor/Outdoor pool!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Twentynine Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.