The King Kamehameha hotel at the bay in Kona, Hawaii, is a Kona treasure. It stands near some sacred hawaiian grounds, namely, the place where King Kamehameha passed away. This hotel has been in a constant state of disrepair for years when the owners were finally refurbishing it. Then Kona was hit with its most recent Tsunami and parts of the hotel were ruined. Now Marriott Courtyard has taken over this hotel and once again it is a pleasurable place. The tsunami really did it a favor; it has been restored and is a beautiful place once again. The Hotel boasts a lovely "new" restaurant on the main floor which is open to the bay and butts right up to the beach, with outdoor fire pits for cool nights. The restaurant is pricey but for those who don't mind $$ it's well worth it. The outdoor pool has been completely redone and is once again very acceptable except for the fact that they constantly keep the pool's water level to the VERY TOP of the pool. the splash-over keeps the surrounding pool area soaking wet constantly. i'm not sure why they do this but that's the way they keep it. The main floor and lobby areas are re-done and boast ancient hawaiian artifacts, canoes, paintings, and stores. i would recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel King Kamehamehas Kona Beach
- Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona
- Hawaii King Kamehamehas Kona Beach Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel and restaurants newly renovated in 2011. All 452 rooms have been upgraded which feature complimentary high speed Internet access, private balconies, mini refrigerator, coffee maker with complimentary Kona Coffee, 37' color flat screen television and complimentary in-room safe. You’ll experience a brand new hotel from the moment you step into the new lobby. You’ll also find completely renovated corridors, business center, meeting rooms, outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool and a 24-hour complimentary guest fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.