I won a two night stay last year and we used it in March. (Sorry for the late review)
The hotel is quite beautiful inside with a very artsy modern feeling. Check in was quite easy.
We had a room at end of hall facing the Tower of Americas and downtown which was wonderful.
The bed was the best thing because of the size, the linens and ofcourse the signature Grand Hyatt mattress.
The bathroom was clean and there was an assortment of lovely smelling toiletries, plus Grand Hyatt toothpaste. Only complaint for restroom was lack of fan/vent. So when you used restroom it echoed and when taking a shower it was like a sauna times ten.
Second day we went to the pool which was kinda disappointing. Size is small but fine and a cool view. However the pool was dirty and the filters were either not working or not there because we couldnt see them. Saw the drain covers up top but nothing IN pool. So there was hair and bugs and paper just making its way round and round the pool. It was pretty gross.
All in all we enjoyed our stay except for having to get up around 8am each morning to run across street to repay the parking garage before they did their sweep and towed us for not having new ticket. We parked across street because Hyatt likes to charge $25 for overnight parking. So something I won which was a free stay turned into $50.00 which i thought was pretty lame. So we paid $18 for two nights at garage across the way. I think they need to rethink amount being that the amount people pay to stay there and eat there is super high.
Parking fees, restroom vents and dirty pool only problems.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio Hotel San Antonio
- Grand Hyatt San Antonio Hotel
- San Antonio Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Antonio
- San Antonio Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a dramatic design that exemplifies this unique city, the Grand Hyatt is an exciting blend of modernism and the Latin culture. Located on the Riverwalk, its warm hospitality and bold colors create a San Antonio Luxury hotel that is perfect for every guest, whether traveling for business or vacation. This urban retreat has a premier location, adjacent to the convention center and HemisFair Park. Our outstanding amenities and unprecedented services will make your experience extraordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Venere, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, TIG Global and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.