We stayed in a one bedroom city view suite for four nights with our two small children (aged 2.5 years and 6 months). The room was clean and exactly as pictured on the internet, although it was smaller than I'd imagined, in particular the bathroom which was quite tight. Personally I disliked having a bath in the bedroom, but aside from this the suite was nice. Although we didn't cook the kitchen was perfect for breakfasts and the washer/dryer extremely useful.
The hotel provided a crib for our son and our daughter slept on the sofa bed. While the main bed was quite comfortable the sofa bed was not and I wouldn't recommend any adults plan to spend too long sleeping there. Next time we would book a two bedroom suite based on this fact alone!
The check-in service at the Grand Vacations was poor, with a very disinterested and unhelpful staff member at the desk. We had originally tried to check-in at the general Hilton Hawaiian Village reception as this was where we were ushered when we got out of our taxi (our driver didn't drop us at the Grand Waikikian, but rather the general entry point). The documentation sent by the hotel did not specify that we should check-in at the Grand Waikikian either - this wasn't a huge drama but I thought I would mention it to stop others from wasting 20 minutes standing in line at the wrong check-in desk.
Our package included daily housekeeping. The service, when we received it, was ok. However, on one day the housekeeper arrived at 8 am so we sent her away as we just weren't ready. We did request fresh towels and for her to remove the rubbish from the room. As other reviewers mention, it isn't possible for housekeeping to return so if you send them away you should be aware of this.
We also booked an airport transfer through the hotel. We clearly specified that we would need two baby seats (we checked this again when the front desk called to confirm the booking). We were quite disappointed and concerned when the taxi that arrived only had one seat (at 5 am with not a huge amount of time to spare for our flight we really didn't have many options available to us either). Again, it is difficult to ascertain whether this was the fault of the taxi company or the hotel, but no having a good relationship with a reputable taxi/car service seemed like another example of patchy service.
Location wise, the Hilton Hawaiian Village is very convenient. It is a short walk to Ala Moana in one direction and to Waikiki in the other. The Village also has just about everything you might need in terms of food and entertainment and I am sure many people never venture through the gates. Obviously a place of this size is a bit soulless and if you prefer personalised attention and service this probably isn't the hotel to stay at.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Honolulu, Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy the Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool. Accommodations include One and Two-Bedroom Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.