Every one at Casa Iguana did a fabulous job of making this a very nice location and destination. From the moment we got off the boat, Margaret and the boy who carried our luggage in the wheel barrel (and also kept night watch) was there to make us feel welcome and safe. When we woke in the morning the groundskeepers were outside working hard and making the grounds look perfect. Doug was always around to answer any questions that we had and had great advise and answers to our many questions. Location was great and close to the village. We met a lot of people on the island who were staying at other places on the island who seemed to think that the location of Casa Iguana was great as well. For a couple, for a a romantic getaway, Casa Iguana is perfect. We had considered LCBB for our stay, as well, but had decided that, for us, as a couple, (as apposed to one couple in a large group), that Iguana might be a better pick. After being there I believe that we made the right choice. The Casitas are very private, while still giving the option to mingle with other travelers in the lodge. Price wise,yes its true that for backpackers,it might be a bit high, but for middle age couples, say, 30 something and older, its perfect bang for your buck. The availability of ice, beach towels,and,Wifi, the fact that they take credit cards and the coffee is ready and free in the lodge at 7 am were also a big plus for us. I would have to say that I thought 65 dollars per night seemed to be fair to me for the casitas. If you do not want to pay the slightly high price for the meals, then the village options are super close, and,if you have a flashlight, also super convenient. If you, like us and many others that we met, do not take enough cash onto the island and need to use your credit card, then the price is perfectly fine since they take credit cards.( Where as most places on the island do not). I did not stay in the cheaper 35 dollar/night cabanas but definatly did not experience any bugs or any other unpleasant critters in our casita at all....not even mosquitos....All in all, I would totally recommend Casa Iguana and would return in a heartbeat. Thank you to all of the workers who really work hard and made Casa Iguana a really wonderful place to visit.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Iguana Hotel Little Corn Island
- Casa Iguana Little Corn Island
- Casa Iguana Hotel
- Casa Iguana Little Corn Island, Nicaragua - Corn Islands
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean as it used to be: An island, a culture, and a way of life that hasn't yet felt the impact of the 20th century. Opening its doors in 1994, CI became Nicaragua's first eco-lodge. Relax on its 40 acre reserve and explore its secret coves, jungle and farm. Whether or not you are a guest at Casa Iguana, we invite you to join us for our famous breakfast, lunch or dinner and enjoy cocktails and lounging in our lodge to take in the best view on the island and meet interesting people! ... more less