Stonefield Castle Hotel is set on the banks of Loch Fyne, a few miles from the picturesque fishing village of Tarbet, it has a lovely dining room which looks out over the loch and we spent a wonderful evening, eating the freshest seafood I have ever eaten watching the sun go down over the loch, a truly magical experience which I will treasure. There are charming grounds to walk in with an important rhododendron collection, some specimens are as old as 100 years and have grown into actual trees. A great place to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle.
- Also Known As:
- Stonefield Castle Tarbert
- Stonefield Castle
- Hotel Stonefield Castle
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, Scotland, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stonefield Castle Hotel is an outstanding example of Scottish baronial architecture. Built in 1837, the Castle stands high on the famous Kintyre peninsula, commanding spectacular panoramic views over Loch Fyne. In keeping with its unique location and character, many of the original period furnishings have been retained to complement the timeless ambience that is Stonefield Castle. Guests can relax in the traditional elegance of wood panelled lounges with fine corniced ceilings, unwind on leisurely walks through the sixty acres of woodland grounds, or simply enjoy a leisurely pace of life far removed from the stress of city living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Stonefield Castle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.