After camping on the gorgeous beaches of Tulum, we decided to go to Holbox, which had been highly recommended. We were charged 100 pesos/night per person for camping, we set our camping tent in a nice area close to the main house where the management family live.
We had one issue, which really bothered us and we had the worse sleep during our stay.
Really late at night, some relatives or visitors kept coming in and out from the main building; some child and his/her "nonna" kept talking most of the night, they screamed "mamma mia" repeatedly and the very loud conversations kept us awake until about 4a.m. when the noise ceased, and we finally had some sleep. What didn't help the morning after, was a man raking the sand at 7am around our tent.
Other than the sleepless night, we have no complaints, its a pretty place, very clean and with friendly management. We are pretty sure this was just bad luck on our side, we couldn't imagine this is a regular practice.
Holbox is a charming place that can be best enjoyed if you are awake during the day.
Ida y Vuelta is a nice Hostel, well maintained and i think is a good option in Holbox.
- Also Known As:
- Hostel & Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping Hotel Holbox Island
- Hostel & Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping Hotel
- Hostel And Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small Hostel consisting of ten cabins, located near the beach, city center and all services. Surrounded by coconuts, mangroves and palm trees has a rather broad garden. An appropriate atmosphere in which to hang a hammock and take a "sacred nap," where people can socialize and enjoy their vacation within nature. Warm and comfortable, the hostel offers to backpackers the chance to sleep in hammocks or beds in small wooden huts protected with mosquito net or pitch a tent on soft sand. Some bungalows palafito style with private bathroom to please couples and honeymooners and a fully equipped house, favorite option of families and small groups who want a bit more of privacy, are available as well in the property. Finally, guests can profit from restaurant, bar, hot water, fans, kitchen, small snack bar, tour desk, free Wi-Fi and relax area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hostel & Cabanas Ida y Vuelta Camping reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.