We were recommended to Corriegour Lodge and are very pleased that we were.
Its an old hunting lodge run by a very friendly family - the wife deals with guests and the husband is an excellent chef. Rooms are very 'old world' so if you are looking for marble and glass you will be disappointed but it is clean and spacious.
Located across the road from Loch Lochy you have superb views and its ideal for a relaxed stroll along a stony beach.
We used Corriegour as a base and drove to the Isle of Skye which is a worthwhile trip - across the new bridge and then back on the ferry.
Dinners (and breakfasts) were outsanding - and I'm not exaggerating - absolutely first class. Its worth staying just for the meals
If your in the Highlands,
- Also Known As:
- Corriegour Hotel Spean Bridge
- Corriegour Hotel Fort William
- Corriegour Lodge Hotel Spean Bridge, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Corriegour Lodge Hotel Accommodation, situated in one of the most beautiful sections of the Great Glen in the Highlands of Scotland - between Spean Bridge and Loch Ness - is the Highland holiday retreat you've been looking for. Just a short drive from Fort William and an ideal place to stay. On the road to the island of Skye, Corriegour Lodge Hotel is the perfect central base for touring The Highlands. The hotel accommodation enjoys outstanding views over Loch Lochy and has its own jetty. In our Loch View Hotel Restaurant you will be served the finest produce from the Scottish Highlands' rich natural larder, King Scallops,Aberdeen Angus Beef, Mouthwatering Home made breads and puddings from our ever changing daily menu which has earned us the Scottish tourist boards "Eat Scotland" Silver award and Michelin Recommended.The Great Glen is a geological fault-line cutting right across Scotland from Inverness in the east to Fort William in the west, famed for its wild and dramatic scenery. Along its length runs the Caledonian Canal, which links east and west coasts via a sequence of lochs including the famous Loch Ness and our own Loch Lochy. It is an ideal place for walking, cycling, pony-trekking, climbing, fishing, sailing and other watersports. Explore the hotel grounds and accommodation and see Spean Bridge, Loch Lochy and the surrounding Highlands area for yourself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Olotels and Hotels.com so you can book your Corriegour Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.