Visited Goa again in March this year, 2012 - this time we stayed at the Ronil Beach hotel. The main reason for choosing this hotel was due to its location. First impressions were not very good - we were shown to a room, I think was 'C' block and it was awful. My daughter and I have NEVER viewed a room in such bad condition and in need to repairs. The 'wardrobe' was made up of pieces of formica that were not even finished off! There was a crack down the corner of a wall that you could have fitted a book into, and the overall state of the room was beyond poor. We went back to reception to request another room and were treated very badly. Initially the man at reception was quite pleasant until we refused to move into the room then another man who intoduced himself as 'Duty Manager' spoke to us and was etremely rude and would not allow us to speak really. We eventually were moved to a more acceptable room.
The hotel pools did not have filters and became very dirty with a scum always present along the surface. When the edges of the pool were cleaned, all the dirt was then washed into the pool as was the water used for cleaning the floors asround the pool - it was quite disgusting.
On the plus side, the staff were wonderful and nothing was a problem - I strongly believe that the hotel only has returning guests because the staff keep the place going - the food is also very good
The Ronil Beach Hotel needs urgent refurbishment - the owners should invest money into the place and then it may be a more acceptable place to stay - it is only popular because of its location!!
Anyone booking this hotel, must be very cautious of the rooms - some have been upgraded and others have not. I think returning guests must be given the best rooms.....
We were not the only first time visitors who they tried to fob off with sub standard rooms.
Oh well, an experience I guess.......
- Also Known As:
- Ronil Beach Hotel Baga
- Ronil Beach Hotel
- Ronil Beach Resort
- Ronil Beach Resort Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Baga
- Ronil Beach Hotel Goa
- Ronil Beach Resort Calangute
- Keys Resort-Ronil Goa/Baga
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ronil is centrally located in Baga and in close proximity to the famous night spots like Tito's Mambos and Kamaki... It is right where the action is. The resort has 2 swimming pools and our refurbished restaurant serves arguably the best Goan food in Baga. One must try the Stuffed Crabs and the Prawn Balchao for sure besides the usual favourites of fish curry and prawn curry... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Keys Resort-Ronil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.