My partner, his mother and I booked at Blue Beach based on the website and our correspondence with Manolis. We had never been to Greece before -- and this was a terrific introduction to Crete. The impeccably maintained and spacious apartments have balconies that overlook the water. The view to the peninsula (where the final scene of Zorba the Greek was shot) was breathtaking. Blue Beach is, literally, right on the beach, but without the crowds of other places on Crete. (We went in August, high tourist season, and were shielded here from the hustle and bustle.) A larger inlet is a short hike away in Stavros.
And the food -- oh! There is an amazing Israeli-Arabic-Greek restaurant just a short walk along the shoreline that is perfect for conversation at sunset. A short drive away is Tesnaras, with two amazing tavernas. Chania is only slightly farther away. We enjoyed being on the Akrotiri peninsula because it gave us the opportunity to both explore the island and then come home to rest. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer!
I'd recommend Blue Beach to anyone -- it is affordable and comfortable, remote enough for a romantic getaway, yet accessible enough for families who prefer something outside the usual tourist scene. If you go, be sure to talk to Linda in the office -- she's a wealth of information and was an invaluable resource throughout our trip, both to the surrounding areas of Crete and far beyond.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Beach Villas & Apartments. Hotel
- Blue Beach Villas & Apartments. Hotel Stavros
- Blue Beach Villas And Apartments.
- Blue Beach Hotel Apartments
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Blue Beach villas & apartments. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.