This was our second trip in two years to Brampton. Unfortunately, Voyages had badly neglected the resort and were in the process of selling. We stayed in a beachfront unit which apart from the sensational views and quick access to the water was waiting for the bulldozer's to move in. At the time we were there, meals were still acceptable and breakfast was top class.
We knew that the resort was being run down, but we were there for the snorkelling and the running/walking tracks. We snorkelled in the "Fishbowl" daily and were rewarded with amazing swim's with turtles, reef sharks, large cods and a stunning variety of fish. Unfortunately, the coral is colourless and has been damaged by storms & discharge from the resort. We were unable to snorkel elsewhere on the Island as all trips were cancelled due to high tides? An excuse offered by the very unhelpful staff at the beach-hut.
Brampton offer's excellent running/walking tracks. There is an 8 km track around the island with some steep climbs and offers a good workout for the experienced runner. There is also a gutbusting track to the top of Brampton Peak which really gets the heart pumping, plenty of seats and shady spots along the way for those who want to take their time.
I would not recommend Brampton until the new owners renovate/refurbish the accommodation, restaurants, bars and swimming pools. They also need to address the negative attitude of some of their staff.
If they can get this right, it really would be an island paradise.
- Also Known As:
- Brampton Island Hotel Brampton Island
- Brampton Island Hotel
- Brampton Island
- Brampton Island Resort All Inclusive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of the world-renowned Whitsunday Island Passage, 32km North-East of Mackay and 50km South of Hamilton Island, Voyages Brampton Island is the ideal haven for couples seeking a romantic escape. This large and beautiful National Park Island is surrounded by sparkling azure waters, golden sandy beaches, coral gardens and an array of walking and jogging tracks - each affording spectacular views or the perfect secluded beach for a romantic picnic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Brampton Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.